Virtual schools may give the NSE provided that:
- The virtual school appoints an NSE Administrator to oversee registration, test administration, and dissemination of test results.
- Each student taking the exam at a remote site is adequately proctored.
One person at the virtual school should be designated as the National Spanish Exam Administrator. This person will:
- register the students
- send out usernames and passwords to teachers who will be proctoring the National Spanish Exam
- forward results to the Proctoring Teacher (defined as the person who will be administering and monitoring the NSE at the remote site).
- The NSE Administrator should first fill out the Virtual School Application Form. This form must be sent via email to the NSE as a record of all students who will be taking the NSE remotely under the virtual school’s name.
- Once the Virtual School Application Form has been completed, the NSE Administrator should then register all students under his/her name via the NSE website sometime between November 1 and January 31.
- On or about February 22, the NSE Administrator will receive a list of usernames and passwords for all students registered. It will be the job of the NSE Administrator to send out username(s) and passwords(s) of student(s) to the Proctoring Teacher.
- The NSE Administrator must familiarize him/herself with the test administration procedures and be able to log in to the master Quia account. This account is primarily used to add an attempt should a student have problems during the test. The NSE Administrator is the only authorized person to have access to the master Quia account. The log in credentials may NOT be given to any proctoring teacher.
- During the test window (March 1 – April 10), the NSE Administrator must be available via phone to receive calls from any proctor in case a student needs to have an additional attempt.
- All test results will be sent to the NSE Administrator whose responsibility it will be to forward individual results to each proctor.
Payment for the Exam:
The cost per student for virtual teachers and students will be the same as the cost for the all other teachers and their students.
Cost per teacher
The teacher fee to give the National Spanish Exam is $75. However, if the virtual school teacher is a member of the AATSP, then the teacher fee is waived, as giving the National Spanish Exam is a benefit of AATSP membership.
Cost per student
The cost per student is a $4 national fee per student.