What are the prizes?
There are several ways that students can be recognized for outstanding achievement from taking the National Spanish Exam, National Spanish Challenge, and/or the National Portuguese Exam! Check out this PDF for a brief summary of Prizes.
Students with outstanding scores on the NSE/NPE will be featured on our website and recognized as follows:
National Spanish Examinations
Premio de Oro - Students scoring at or above the 95th percentile.
Premio de Plata - Students scoring from the 85th through the 94th percentiles.
Premio de Bronce - Students scoring from the 75th through the 84th percentiles.
Mención Honorífica - Students scoring from the 50th through the 74th percentiles.
National Portuguese Examinations
Prêmio de Ouro - Students scoring at or above the 95th percentile.
Prêmio de Prata - Students scoring from the 85th through the 94th percentiles.
Prêmio de Bronze - Students scoring from the 75th percentile through the 84th percentiles.
Menção Honrosa - Students scoring from the 50th through the 74th percentiles.
National Spanish Challenge
There are also prizes awarded for National Spanish Challenge achievements and participants (grades 1-6)!
* The NSE has provided a Certificate of Recognition for outstanding achievements and teachers can recognize and celebrate their students by contacting us to request physical copies of these certificates!
National Awards - Scholarships - Travel Stipends for Students and Teachers!
- Senior Scholarships
- Junior Travel Scholarships
- Global Citizen Scholarships (Elementary-High School)
- Teacher Travel Scholarships with Pulsera Project
- Teacher Travel Stipends to AATSP Annual Conference
We strongly encourage schools, districts, and teachers to give their own awards, recognitions, and scholarships based on the NSE/NPE/NSC achievements of their students.
Some schools have Awards Ceremonies for their students that take our National Exams!